Monday, August 8, 2011

Starting Anew

This past few days I wasn't really myself. I kept on thinking of senseless, stupid things that made me go berserk and insane. Last night, I had a strange enlightenment. I went to mass alone and prayed hard for everything that's been bothering me. Prayed that I can forgive. Prayed that I could have the strength to do the things I planned. Prayed that everything will fall into place and then suddenly, the priest's sermon was all about everything that I prayed for.

I know God has been there for me since the beginning. Even though I made wrong choices, still God is always there to guide me. I know he already forgave me for everything that I've done and I'm so thankful that I was raised to have a strong faith. When everything seems dark, there is always a speck of light that will shine my path. 

Forgiving is not forgetting. It is letting go of the hurt. You can forgive someone for almost anything. But you cannot tolerate everything. We don't have to tolerate what people do just because we forgive them for doing it. Forgiving heals us personally. To tolerate everything only hurts us all in the long run. Forgiveness is God's invention for coming to terms with a world in which, despite their best intentions, people are unfair to each other and hurt each other deeply. He began by forgiving us. And he invites us all to forgive each other so I'm letting bygones be bygones.

This is my way of starting anew. I can only move forward if I leave the burdens in the past stay in the past.

If there's a will, there's a way. I'll do what I can to make my dreams into reality.

In time, I'll have what is meant for me. I just have to believe and pray.





2 comments:

  1. I love it sis :) Remember, "to be able to forgive is a blessing..." Stay pretty in & out. ^^.

    ReplyDelete